Fillings help restore teeth damaged by decay and can prevent further decay. Your dentist will consider a number of factors when choosing which type of filling material is best for your child. These factors include the extent of the repair, which tooth needs the filling, and cost.
What To Expect During A Filling
- Local anesthesia – to numb the area around the tooth
- Tooth decay removal – the dentist will remove any decay. Then the dentist will shape the space to make it ready it for filling
- Etching – for bonded fillings the dentist will etch the tooth before filling
- Resin application – for certain types of fillings the dentist will use hardened resin
- Polishing – after filling the dentist will polish the tooth
We focus on a comfortable experience
At Dentistry for Kids we focus on providing a comfortable and comforting experience. We always try our best to make going to the dentist as pain and fear-free as possible, even when getting a filling.